Become A Surrogate: The Screening ProcessPosted by Pathways to Parenthood | March 18, 2020
Many past surrogates have described being a surrogate as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives! If you are considering becoming a surrogate, the ending is likely what attracts you to become a surrogate mother. But as the saying goes, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” Not to say that being a surrogate is like walking a thousand miles! But there are many steps in the process to get to that happy ending.
For the compassionate and amazing women that have decided to embark upon being a surrogate, the screening process is the next step. Knowing what to expect and being prepared will help the process move along quicker so that you can be matched with a family sooner!
Pathways To Parenthood’s Surrogacy Program screening process begins with our pre-screening application, which can be found on our website https://pathwaystoparenthood.com/gestational-surrogate/compensation-and-basic-criteria/.
Before you apply, meeting the basic criteria for our program is a must as we follow the guidelines set forth by the fertility clinics that we work with. Here is the basic criteria to apply to our surrogacy agency program:
Basic Criteria for Pathways To Parenthood Gestational Surrogate Candidates:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be a non-smoker
- Must not take illegal drugs
- No tattoos or piercings in the last 12 months
- Must be between the ages of 24-38
- Must have had a proven healthy and uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery
- Must be height and weight appropriate (BMI must be under 30)
- Must not be on any public assistance or government aid
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be free of any STD’s
- Must be in good health mentally and physically
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to doctor appointments
- Must live in a stable environment
- Must have the support of your spouse or partner (when applicable)
If you meet the basic criteria listed, we would love to have you be a part of our surrogacy program. If you have questions about the screening process to become a surrogate, contact us today! https://pathwaystoparenthood.com/contact-us/