Gestational Surrogacy Future Parents: Legal Considerations
When building your family through surrogacy, a legal agreement is required between intended parents and the surrogate. This requirement is set forth by the fertility clinics providing the treatment as they will not provide treatment without a completed legal agreement.
There are many other reasons that a legal agreement is essential and necessary for surrogacy arrangements. To best understand the purpose of the legal agreement, here are a few important points to consider:
- There is no national law in the United States regarding surrogacy.
- Few states have surrogacy laws in place. Most states have established procedural frameworks that allow for family building through surrogacy, including Kansas and Missouri.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Law is a highly specialized area of law. It is imperative to work with an attorney with knowledge and experience with surrogacy contracts.
- Surrogates must be represented by a separate attorney.
- Legal services are needed to secure parental rights after the birth of a child.
There are many other important points to consider. There are many steps in the legal process as building your family through surrogacy is very complex. Working with professionals, ESPECIALLY attorneys, that have knowledge and experience in the area of surrogacy is essential.
Contact us today for more information regarding the legal considerations!
Additional Information for Future Parents
Read the Latest News & Updates from Our Blog
8 Signs You Would Make A Good Surrogate
If you’re like many women considering becoming a surrogate, you’ve known for a long time that this is something you want to do. But every woman who considers surrogacy asks herself the same questions: Would I make a good surrogate?…Read more.
Patience And The Surrogacy Process
You may be a generous, giving woman that has recently decided to become a surrogate. Or you may be ready to be parents that decided to begin the surrogacy process to grow your family. Both starting points are filled with…Read more.
5 Reasons To Become A Surrogate Right Now! Like Today!
If you are reading this, there is a good chance you have been thinking about becoming a surrogate for a while. Most women that become surrogates think about it and do research for months, sometimes years before they move forward…Read more.