Family Building Through Egg Donation in Kansas City: Should You Get Counseling?
Posted by Pathways to Parenthood | June 22, 2014
There are a variety of reasons that women and couples seek out counseling when struggling with infertility. For those that have made a decision to use an egg donor to help in building their family, or for those that are trying to decide, a few sessions with a counselor knowledgeable about infertility and third-party reproduction can be very helpful.
To help you evaluate whether counseling would be beneficial for you, here are a few questions to ask yourself. If you answer yes to two or more, it is likely that counseling would be helpful.
- Do you think about your infertility and/or your options for family-building all the time?
- Do you feel socially isolated?
- Do you avoid activities that you once did or enjoyed?
- Do you feel anxious, frustrated, or angry much of the time?
- Are you experiencing relationship problems?
- Do you need help to make a good informed decision about treatment and/or family building options?
If you have a history of anxiety or depression, even one yes to any of these questions is worth a consultation with an experienced fertility counselor. For more information about decision-making about family building options, and using an egg donor to build and grow your family, visit www.pathwaystoparenthood.com today!