Becoming a surrogate for the first time is the beginning of an amazing life experience full of surprises, personal growth, and awe! First time surrogate Betty Vaughn is currently 34 weeks pregnant and shared that she feels it is a blessing to have the ability and opportunity to help someone who has faced struggles and challenges to have a baby and grow their family.
Here are 5 things Betty loves about being a surrogate (in no particular order)!
- Helping others by giving a family the blessing of a child. Becoming a surrogate to help someone who has had so many struggles and challenges to have a baby is a blessing for Betty as well as the family she is helping.
- Working with a family that lives in a different state. Betty loves to travel and see different ways of life than her midwestern roots. Surrogacy has given Betty the opportunity to see two new places she has never been before and may not have had the opportunity to see if not for her surrogacy process and pregnancy.
- Being pregnant! Surrogacy gave Betty the opportunity to be pregnant again and is one of the major reasons why she wanted to become a surrogate. Her two pregnancies went well, and she wishes everyone was blessed with the same. Knowing that is not the case motivated her to pursue surrogacy. She especially loves feeling the tossing, turning, kicking and little hiccups again!
- The relationship with the parents. Betty especially appreciates the kindness they have shown to her and the great communication they have had throughout the surrogacy process and pregnancy.
- Relationships with the amazing healthcare staff. The doctors and nurses at Shady Grove Fertility in New York are very caring and compassionate individuals that helped Betty through the medical process and have supported her more than she expected, or knew she needed. They have stayed in contact with Betty throughout the pregnancy which shows her that she is important to them. She is grateful and feels very blessed!
If you are thinking about becoming a surrogate like Betty, or are looking for the perfect surrogate to grow your family, Pathways To Parenthood Surrogacy Agency can help you get started today! We can answer your questions about the surrogacy process, so you know what to expect and how to get started. Contact us to schedule a consultation appointment. We can help you like we have helped many other surrogates and future parents in Kansas, Missouri, Colorado, Oklahoma, Iowa, Illinois, Arkansas, Ohio and Kentucky and New York. We look forward to hearing from you!